VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Army Bowl Bound

Author:
Bob S
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:10:55 12/05/16 Mon
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Army Bowl Bound" on 12:13:34 12/05/16 Mon

Mollie Marcoux AD at Princeton made a similar statement last year. Here is what football at Cornell has devolved to recently: Many of the fans are friends and family of the players and/or the band with a smattering of local fans like myself. Its almost a youth football vibe save for the annual homecoming game at Cornell. Such is the state of deemphasis at least at Cornell.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Army Bowl Bound

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:55:33 12/05/16 Mon

I support an Ivy League Bowl game at Florida Alantic University's stadium which is perfect for our league at about 29K capacity, as we wouldn't want to play in some 70K stadium. Finish the season like we always do, then limit the teams to 6-8 practices so they don't conflict with final exams. Play the game over the holiday week. That's the biggest issue with the Ivy presidents as they don't want conflicts with exams. Play a top opponent that didn't go to the FCS playoffs from the Patriot, Pioneer, or CAA. Forget about FBS opponents, focus on academically minded FCS programs. Princeton would get the tie breaker this year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Army Bowl Bound

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:24 12/05/16 Mon

I think the best match-ups under Sprints proposal would be Princeton-Fordham or Princeton-Dayton. Both sound like good match-ups.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Army Bowl Bound

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:32:09 12/05/16 Mon

Or Princeton-Albany. Massey ratings predicts Princeton would win all three games. All would be close with Albany being the closest.

[> [> Subject: Re: Stadium

Author:
Randy California
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:30:08 12/06/16 Tue

FAU would be great if they could sell that manu tickets. At about half the seating capacity, Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach would be a better bet for filling the stands.

Unless Stetson or JU is playing, I doubt attendance would push 10,000. I would see this as a made for TV event.

[> [> Subject: Too Late for Game at FAU

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:07 12/07/16 Wed

Too Late!

This year's Boca Bowl at FAU will pit Memphis and Western Kentucky on December 20th. Last year, Toledo defeated Temple.

This is an FBS bowl, first played in 2014.

Reminds me of the thread speculating about who might be named Harvard's 2017 football captain, a thread that was launched the day after Harvard announced Luke Hutton had been chosen.

[> [> [> Subject: Not Too Late

Author:
Randy California
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:03 12/07/16 Wed

I believe we're talking about years down the road. Probably after Morehead State returns to Ohio Valley Conference football, x years from now. Plenty of venues would be available on any given Saturday. Daytona Beach, site of a FCS all-star game last weekend, might be the most appropriate.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Not Too Late

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:01:45 12/08/16 Thu

The average Boca resident doesn't have that long to wait.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.