VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Welcome back, O

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:40:19 12/08/16 Thu
In reply to: Observer 's message, "Re: Ivies in the FCS Playoffs" on 21:26:28 12/07/16 Wed

Anything interesting happen since 11/18?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies in the FCS Playoffs

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:25:19 12/08/16 Thu

No fans need make the trek for a game. FCS playoff is not really about the revenue (many strong programs do not draw well). I was thinking more for the teams to see how far they can take their season. We all know the IL argument against playoff participation but I don't agree with it. If an ivy team is qualified for an invite then they should pursue it.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies in the FCS Playoffs

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:24:30 12/09/16 Fri

I don't agree with your not agreeing.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I agree Al

Author:
Old Tiger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:35 12/09/16 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies in the FCS Playoffs

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:15 12/10/16 Sat

I don't think fans in the Dakotas care whether ivy fans show up, they will gladly take up any available seats.

Fun game being played now between NDSU and SDS.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: To your point ---

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:19 12/10/16 Sat

Why should non-caring Ivy fans traipse out to north, east, south, west or central Dakota on Christmas Eve simply because the Dakotans themselves care?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies in the FCS Playoffs

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:42 12/10/16 Sat

Doesn't matter whether they do or not, and you are free to stay home. But your parochial views about what interests you do not apply to others.

Also, you're assuming an ivy team would play a Dakota in their place. Other games today are being played in Virginia, Ohio, and Washington; one of next week's semifinals will be played in Virginia and the other one might be played in Virginia, or Georgia.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: With your permission ...

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:06 12/10/16 Sat

I am ready to stay home from all those places on Christmas Eve .... and you know what? I think virtually all Ivy football fans - except for yourself and a few fellow posters here - feel exactly the same way,

The number of post-season games should be REDUCED rather than increased. We only need 4 bowl games, and ZERO "playoffs" by the pathetic FCS schools.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting

Author:
remember it well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:03 12/10/16 Sat

So you think your Crimson alma mater is "pathetic"? Well I suppose that's something you have in common with a lot of Yalies.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ha ha ha ha

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:18 12/10/16 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: FCS playoffs is for benefit of the players

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:15:53 12/11/16 Sun

The Dakotas have strong teams and their fans have limited entertainment options - they have no choice but to be interested regardless of who their team is playing.

There are plenty of east coast teams that could potentially make it to the playoffs that would make exciting foes for a top Ivy team any given season. Delaware, Towson, Maine, Furman, Charleston Southern, even a rematch with Lehigh. Why should the players be denied an extra game or two if the team is deserving. It's not like an Ivy program can crack the playoff bracket easily anyway.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.