VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Congratulations Army

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:40:23 12/10/16 Sat
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Congratulations Army" on 18:38:40 12/10/16 Sat

It's the new world order, and about time or as my Austro Hungarian mother in law likes to say "Thanks God" and she is 92 and lived thru the worst of WW2

I am tempted to go on a rant but for once in my life I will let it go, with the holiday season close at hand I wish everyone a good night

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Congratulations Army

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:05 12/10/16 Sat

Their losing streak was even longer than Yale's. Did they save the coach's job too?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Congratulations Army

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:46 12/10/16 Sat

Their coach was in no danger, Army was already going to a bowl.

If there ever was a year Army had a chance to win, this was it. Even using ther fourth atring QB who played a terrible first half, Navy still came close to winning.

[> [> Subject: Re: Congratulations Army

Author:
Eastern Sports Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:54:21 12/11/16 Sun

Although it's no longer true, there was a time when Eastern football---current Ivy teams, Army and Navy, Penn State, Syracuse, Pitt et al ruled the world. Nice to have Army-Navy and periodic Ivy classics remind us of how it once was.

Comments below lifted from ESPN (names omitted)...

Frederick Works at Retired

This is real college football as it was intended. These players are real student athletes as the sport was envisioned to be.

Ken

True, I will catch a few Ivy League games each year for the same reason

Works at Self-Employed

yes but lousy football

Library Director at Aitkin Memorial District Library

Pete ; what made it lousy? There were a few turnovers, but basically no penalties and plenty of excitement and energy, plus great tackling

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Well put Zoller -- I love the wide open passing game but dang, I thought this game was great and college football in its purest form.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Congratulations Army

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:49 12/11/16 Sun

I felt the same way when I watched the Yale-Army game. It's college football the way it was supposed to be. I hope Yale will play Army again someday in my lifetime.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.