VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Another Interesting Commitment

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:35:46 12/14/16 Wed
In reply to: AsiaSunset 's message, "Penn 2021 Class Building" on 06:11:56 12/12/16 Mon

Zay Malcome, Westminster, GA 5-5 165 RB

We clearly have never recruited this type of running back. I think Princeton had a similar sized RB a couple years ago.

Zay was the AAA Offensive POY in Ga as a sophomore, is a multi year 1st team All State player who holds the school's 100M record at 10.91. This will be a fun player to watch.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Probably have to look back to the days of...

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:01 12/14/16 Wed

Beep Beep.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Probably have to look back to the days of...

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:04 12/14/16 Wed

We actually had a very good running back in the 70's nicknamed Beep Beep who weighed in at around 170. He wasn't 5'5 though. Unfortunately he past away a couple years ago.

Adolph “Beep-Beep” Belizeare

Then Penn went to big backs and a power running attack and now we are doing what most are doing - running the spread and trying to get skill players out in space.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Probably have to look back to the days of...

Author:
foehi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:50 12/15/16 Thu

good point

[> [> Subject: Re: Another Interesting Commitment

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:04 12/14/16 Wed

I saw Beep Beep play, may he RIP.

If this recruit is another Beep Beep, then oh oh. The guy on Princeton you are talking about is Latendre "Dre" Nelson, also of Georgia, another Oh Oh if this guy is similar.

Dre was listed as anywhere from 5'3" all the way as tall as 5'5". I sidled up to him at a practice once when he was looking the other way, and no question he maxed out at 5'5".

When listed on our recruit list, I wondered what the heck Surace had in mind, the guy was Sprint FB sized. Not exactly a between the tackles kinda build. But, in space, he could cover a lot of yards very quickly. Our creative OC made good use of him. A favorite memory: In the Harvard game with our epic comeback, down 34-10 with 13:56 left to play, he caught a pass on the 8 or so, made a nifty spin move, and got the TD.

Cheers. Happy holidays to all.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Another Interesting Commitment

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:30 12/14/16 Wed

This is the highlight video from his junior season. It will be interesting to see how things develop:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2839227/5721cc4e64e96b6380167c0f

[> [> [> Subject: i'll give the kid credit

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:40 12/14/16 Wed

he is lightning quick
Darren Sproules is only 5'6 and he has had a pretty good and long lasting career

Dartmouth has a similar back in Matthew "Sheep" Shearin
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210187914&DB_OEM_ID=11600
He didn't get any carries this yr but was on the punt return team and darn near got a few blocks due to his quickness coming right up the middle. Coach said at one point that he is going to work the kid in at some point. I guess there still is a place for the shorter kids to still have an impact and why not.

After all I heard that Cal is only 5'6 and Dio even shorter than that, but they both exhibit all the necessary heart and commitment to have a tremendous impact on this board. I am sure you would all agree

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: i'll give the kid credit

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:32 12/14/16 Wed

Thanks, but for the record, I run a 4.269, approxiamtely.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: i'll give the kid credit

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:27 12/14/16 Wed

Whether or not shorter and slower than Calvin, my hands are larger.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.