VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:48:01 12/20/16 Tue
In reply to: walt yale blue 's message, "Yale football" on 20:32:08 12/20/16 Tue

I do agree that Yale needs to revamp their offense to show some new looks and more deception. It's become pretty predictable now that they're entering their sixth year of the spread offense.

I'm watching Western Kentucky right now in the Boca Raton Bowl. I'd like to see Yale run a wide open offense like they do, with all the different looks. They even ran one play out of the I Formation. They keep the defense guessing and off balance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
Bulldogs1234
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:10 12/20/16 Tue

If anything, we need to fix the defense.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:54 12/21/16 Wed

or we need the defense that showed up against Harvard to show up every week.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:14 12/21/16 Wed

True dat.

The biggest worry is that the defense which showed up against Harvard seemed almost like a random event. Can we call up that kind of effort/system on a repeating basis?

I mean, that Yale defense played well against Princeton the week before but simply got pushed around. The Tiger players just seemed stronger and better. Then a week later against Harvard, the same Yale players played their best game of the season. Too random for comfort.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:30 12/21/16 Wed

The defense will be largely the same cast of characters next season other than the two inside linebacker spots. A stellar off season program and some scheme adjustments will be the only hope of forming a shutdown defense with similar talent. I'm hoping the young D tackles beef up and we find a Dewey Jarvis type to fill Moesta's spot.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale football

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:55 12/22/16 Thu

If Yale's defense had played a la the Harvard game against Princeton, they would have lost 20-3 instead of 31-3. The Eli offense -- 3/13 on third down, 200 total yards -- was a complete shambles.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.