VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Interesting story about a would-be ivy player

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:26:12 12/29/16 Thu
In reply to: Calvin 's message, "Interesting story about a would-be ivy player" on 12:18:51 12/29/16 Thu

A fantastic, inspiring read. I especially like the final two sentences. "When I die and I'm standing in front of God, I want to be able to say, 'I don't have any talents left [over].' I used everything you gave to me."

I'm shocked that he was accepted to 19 non-Ivy colleges, but rejected by six Ivies. The Ivies have huge staffs whose jobs are specifically to find kids like Caylin. And in this case, the applicant was self-motivated and self-directed toward our schools. The article doesn't specifically name the six Ivies, but it's clear from context that he wanted to go to Harvard or Princeton.

Not surprisingly, Caylin's inspiration growing up was Myron Rolle, Rhodes Scholar safety from Florida State. A stud high school player whose sole guiding star is a Rhodes scholarship? He's Bill Bradley in cleats.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Interesting story about a would-be ivy player

Author:
another observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:45 12/29/16 Thu

maybe the kid is better off staying away from Ivy's. Crazy expensive and they're all screwed up by the crazy left. And the football in the ancient 8 really is, well ancient. Good players have little advantage when whole game played within 10 yards.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.