VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Want the experience of playing North Dakota State?

Author:
Randy California
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:52:32 12/30/16 Fri
In reply to: Randy California 's message, "Want the experience of playing North Dakota State?" on 21:20:40 12/29/16 Thu

Not too imposing. Your players certainly want to compete. But is this how you want to end your season?

If the the tourney determined the D-I champion, I think you would be all in. However, it's just FCS. It's like the basketball NIT...for football teams.

All l'm suggesting is that playoff caliber opponents are readily available without participating in the playoffs. And if the Ivies don't want tp play them in September, I can't see them signing up for December in Fargo. Not for the slim odds of a FCS trophy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Want the experience of playing North Dakota State?

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:24 12/30/16 Fri

1) Half the league finishes on a losing note every year (not allowing for 'adjustments" some fans apply to claim their team was "really better than ....")

2) I would be surprised if any realistic ivy fan expects to win national championship in: soccer, cross country, basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, track (team), swimming, volleyball, wrestling, or (other than in extremely rare years) hockey or lacrosse, but they still compete

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.