VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy League football and the FCS playoffs

Author:
remember it well
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:38:10 12/30/16 Fri
In reply to: Jerrylh 's message, "Ivy League football and the FCS playoffs" on 13:18:07 12/29/16 Thu

I guess is this is a subject where I part company with a lot of my fellow Ivy boosters. I have little to no interest in watching the FCS post season games and only a modicum of interest in seeing the Ivys compete in them. If top teams in the FCS are the ones we want to play and if that helps recruitment then add them to the regular season schedule. Highly doubt we are losing recruits because of not having a chance to participate in FCS playoffs. Emphasis should be on adding an 11th game so that all Ivy players and fans get more enjoyment with a guaranteed longer season.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League football and the FCS playoffs

Author:
Eastern Sports Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:23:57 12/30/16 Fri

Amen. Every other Ivy sports team competes for the Division I NCAA Championships every season. Ivy football is not allowed that privilege, despite essentially being the founding fathers of the National Collegiate Athletic Assn. in 1904. Why should they even consider playing in some makeshift category that was created to cut them out of the hierarchy in the TV money revolution of 1980. btw, Happy New Year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: You sum it up nicely!

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:41 12/30/16 Fri

I couldn't agree more.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.