VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: What assistants will follow him...

Author:
Penn Nation
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:50:28 01/03/17 Tue
In reply to: Harvard Crimson Rule! 's message, "What assistants will follow him..." on 17:54:04 01/03/17 Tue

I'd be surprised if at least one or two didn't follow Perry to Bryant.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Any Princeton Assistants Going With Perry?

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:13 01/12/17 Thu

I'd be very curious whether any other Princeton assistant coaches leave for Bryant with Perry.

That's a big decision for any assistant coach. They would be taking a very calculated risk in an insecure and uncertain business with a peripatetic career path. Surace will be settled in at Princeton for at least a few more years, assuming that he wants to stay. He seems to be on the doorstep of establishing the Tigers as a regular championship contender.

I don't know enough about Bryant to know what the prospects are for Perry to win there, even though I think his personal skills are excellent and manifest. But it takes a lot to win anywhere.

Being a college football coach is a tough lifestyle for men who are generally organized, disciplined, hard-working and self-directed. I assume that most of these guys could be making at least low- to mid-six figures in the corporate world. The decision to leave the apparent security and stability of Princeton for something else, better or worse, is a very interesting window into the difficult decisions that these guys need to make repeatedly over the course of a multi-decade career.

I though it was revealing that Reno was able to bring so many of his Harvard colleagues to Yale. Now, that's from one Ivy to another but, again, Harvard is established and secure. Murphy isn't going anywhere and he's got the machine up and running. I have to assume that he's no picnic to work for, given that so many guys wanted out of the Murr Center and the franchise Murphy has built.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.