VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Higher (you betcha) Education

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:59:26 01/04/17 Wed
In reply to: joiseyfan 's message, "Higher (you betcha) Education" on 13:48:56 01/03/17 Tue

OK I am looking at one of my kids prior tuition bills and there is a $118 student activity fee, $145 student fitness center fee, and a $99 kick boxing fee on top of the $24.5K I paid in tuition for one semester plus their living expenses. So yes the student activity fee is probably going to varsity athletics. Now I am fortunate to be able to pay these bills, but it can be very difficult for many families to cover these additional costs.

I have always felt the so called "revenue producing" sports like football, basketball, and hockey should largely support themselves with ticket revenue, parking, concessions, etc. If not either sell more tickets or cut the sport all together. Again that's my opinion, but in reality as sports like Ivy League football attendance continues to decline, I question the viability of supporting these programs. I love these sports, but I don't think our students should have to pay for them. On the other hand there are dozens of college programs out there who draw enough attendance to cover most of these costs.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Higher (you betcha) Education

Author:
Down East
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:51 01/05/17 Thu

Please tell me that your kid actually participated in kick boxing to incur a $99 kick boxing fee.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.