VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Question

Author:
Grin and Bear it
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:30:51 01/15/17 Sun

Does anyone know how many offers an ivy football team makes to get to the 30 players? I am sure it varies from team to team, but I am inquiring about averages. I suspect it is over 200.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Question

Author:
parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:25 01/15/17 Sun

Back 8 or so years ago, one of our sons went through the football process. We were told that NCAA allows only 75 official visits. Also, not every kid that was given an official visit was given an offer as i recall after the weekend. I also do not know how many offers are made, but then the kids do not accept an official visit. This could in part be due to the fact that your son is only allowed to go on 5 official visits so for kids who have 10 offers this would force a choice on who to visit. My sense is there may be some relationship to offers, official visits, and ultimately the 30 acceptances that this board may be able to shed more light upon.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Question

Author:
florida lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:26 01/15/17 Sun

I don't have anything to add but questions. From the above, it seems that each Ivy can make as many offers as it wants. but the incoming class is limited to 30 players? And each school can offer official visits to 75 potential students? But each potential player can officially visit only five schools?

[> Subject: Re: Question

Author:
Yale Faithful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:21 01/15/17 Sun

Each team gets 56 official visits.
Every school is different but visits will usually be:
5-15 reach kids (could be academic or kids with high level 1 A offers)
10-20 kids competing with other ivies for
10-15 Kids already committed
10-15 Kids they will offer at visits based on the head coach meeting the layer and seeing how they fit

Not every team uses all 56, but most are very close to it. Most Ivy league schools will offer between 150-250 kids. Many offers are verbally to kids they know they probably can't get in or their talent level is much above FCS.

[> [> Subject: Re: Question

Author:
florida lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:32 01/15/17 Sun

Thanks for the helpful explanation. You answered another of my questions which
is--why some prospects get an offer from only one or two Ivy schools when their grades and abilities seem to indicate offers from all of them?

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.