VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The Waning Impact of The AI Over The Years, Now Money Talks

Author:
florida lion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:05:13 01/17/17 Tue
In reply to: Sr Punter 's message, "Re: The Waning Impact of The AI Over The Years, Now Money Talks" on 17:15:56 01/17/17 Tue

I'm not sure that you aren't both sort of agreeing with one another. With inflation in both GPA and SAT scores, it seems that the differential in AI between the eight schools is less than it was. So Harvard isn't prevented from going after the same prospects as every other Ivy. As Observer suggests, it may have been designed to level the playing field, but no longer does.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Waning Impact of The AI Over The Years, Now Money Talks

Author:
Sr Punter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:02 01/17/17 Tue

Correct, FD. If I may beat my metaphor to death. The AI allows those with the best bait, to fish upstream.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Waning Impact of The AI Over The Years, Now Money Talks

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:39 01/18/17 Wed

As Florida Lion said, I think we actually agree with each other. My point is that the AI was originally implemented to handicap the recruiting of HYP. But events since then have conspired to turn what was intended to limit the freedom of HYP into a perverse system where arguably the HYP recruiting advantage is now codified within the structure of the AI, which I believe is your main point, Sr Punter.

I know that things move in cycles and just a simple thing like a changeover in coaches will necessarily shake up the deck. But right now, it appears that the structural advantage of HYP over the rest of the league is growing. I find that very regrettable.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.