VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Princeton '18 Prospect

Author:
Tiger81
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:41:04 01/18/17 Wed
In reply to: Barry 's message, "Princeton Commit" on 19:51:20 12/07/16 Wed

http://247sports.com/player/patrick-holly-83130

Son of Bob Holly '82, who led the Tigers to their memorable come-from-behind, last-second win against Yale in 1981, throwing for a record 501 yards and breaking the agonizing 14-year losing streak to the Eli's. He appears to attend the Hun School, not Bergen Catholic, and was first-team all-league this year.

Hope he follows in Dad's footsteps!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Princeton Commit

Author:
Yale Faithful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:46 01/18/17 Wed

He left Bergen to repeat junior year at Hun. Will not be in this year's class reclassified to 2018

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton Commit

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:34 01/18/17 Wed

Right, he is an '18 prospect.

I found a profile that the NY Times ran after the Yale win and I thought denizens of this board might be amused by this:

"Why does a player on a successful high school team go to Princeton instead of places such as Wake Forest, Boston College, Rutgers, Army or Navy, all of which recruited him and support athletes on campus?

'I don't think I was ready to be a college quarterback right away,' Holly said. 'Those places play freshmen and were looking for help right away at quarterback. Also, I loved Princeton right away. I think it is one of the most beautiful campuses there is. and it's sort of by itself there, not in a big city. And there is the old Ivy cliche that I wanted a good education. That is true.'

Holly, who is majoring in American history, said he had applied to nine law schools, but wanted to give professional football a try. 'I talked to them at Yale, Harvard and Brown,' he said, 'but I didn't like New Haven. I didn't like Coach John Anderson of Brown as much as I liked Coach Frank Navarro of Princeton, and I liked Coach Joe Restic of Harvard, but Harvard's in a city.'

What about Dartmouth, the most isolated of the eight Ivy colleges with its campus in Hanover, N.H.? 'Oh, that's too far away and too far up in the woods,' he said."

[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton Commit

Author:
O&B
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:45 01/18/17 Wed

It appears that the only 'starred' players are Sam Wright 3*, Conner Mills 3*, Logan Montgomery 3*, and Luke Turner 2* (no indication on 24/7 or Rivals that he has committed).

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton Commit

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:05 01/18/17 Wed

https://twitter.com/luketurner2434/status/807027771046297600

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.