VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Definitely Mixed

Author:
Asiasunset
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:26:53 01/18/17 Wed
In reply to: holtsledg 's message, "Mixed reviews" on 12:24:30 01/18/17 Wed

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- There are plenty of NFL scouts on hand this week for the East-West Shrine Game, and those looking for a quarterback might leave feeling disappointed. What is expected to be a weak talent pool at quarterback in the 2017 NFL Draft has deposited six passers onto Shrine rosters, only one of whom -- a relative unknown in Penn QB Alek Torgersen -- has done much to impress NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein, who was on hand for the second day of Shrine Game practices on Tuesday.
"Torgersen looked the part and threw the ball with some zip. He's clearly the most talented of the quarterbacks out here to me. Torgersen played a lower level of competition, but he has some size, some arm strength, some mobility. You can see he has some projectable talent," Zierlein said. "Out of these guys, Torgersen has the best shot to (increase his draft stock) here. The rest of these guys, I see too many physical deficiencies. Torgersen has a chance to go in the first five or six rounds."

Alek Torgersen out of Penn was the first name added to my Rothstein Scale for backup QBs (I went into brief detail about that last season) as an Ivy League champion and scholar athlete. It doesnít hurt that he completed less than 60 percent of his passes only twice last season (his first two games) and only five times in his four year career. At 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, Torgersen has the size you want at the position, too. If you canít tell, heís my favorite to be a surprise late=round pick by the Lions, but the cat may be out of the bag at this point. Heís drawing tremendous praise at the East-West Shrine Game, both for his top tier arm strength and in interviews (which matters the most for my scale).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Better news

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:22 01/18/17 Wed

like all on here I hope he makes it, always a positive for the league in general

I read somewhere that H's Kyle Jurassic Park is listed as the best available Hback/FB free agent and Cameron "make or" Brate had an excellent yr as well

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Definitely Mixed

Author:
foehi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:21 01/21/17 Sat

Torgersen was not impressive. Looked nervous and in over his head. The TV blamed the center for a bad snap on a huge loss but the snap looked fine to me. I think he took his eye off it. All the best to him. I know he's better than he showed today and I hope someone gives him a chance.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Definitely Mixed

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:59 01/22/17 Sun

He is still better than anyone on the Jets.

[> [> [> Subject: ah

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:41 01/22/17 Sun

a bit of an overstatement in that fitz has spent 10+ yrs in the league. I hope Togerson makes it

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.