VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Tout totals

Author:
Able Beach
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:34:50 01/19/17 Thu
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "Tout totals" on 16:19:08 01/17/17 Tue

I think we're missing the point why these recruiting sites started. To make money. If you want Ivy kids evaluated then start paying for the subscription like numerous Alabama, Texas, and Florida alumni. Also, when kids are too highly touted don't be surprised if Mom and Dad bought a star on 247. There are tons of excellent D1AA players with no stars, but spending time fairly evaluating these guy throughout the entire recruiting process does not help the bottom line.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Tout totals

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:59 01/19/17 Thu

Agree with you in general but I think the offers reported on Twitter are fairly reliable. There are some on this board who confuse interest with offers and often the interest is primarily one way and not all that serious.

The sites do a good job with 4 and 5 star recruits but as you and others have mentioned, the sites don't exist to support Ivy League fan interest.

I do think FBS offers are the best indicator of "potential" and sites like 247 often don't list the best kids we recruit or fail to rank them.

The sites don't generate revenue or clicks from our small group. We are not their target subscribing audience.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.