VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Darien Losing Harvard-Educated Dermatologist OC

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:02:43 01/19/17 Thu
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Holtsie Settling in For Darien-New Canaan" on 23:13:09 11/21/16 Mon

Here's an interesting development in the Darien story. Another high school in Fairfield County has hired as its new head coach the offensive coordinator from Darien, who has been on the staff since 2005. No big deal, right? Happens all the time that struggling programs hire assistants from successful teams.

Here's what caught my eye. The gentleman in question is a 1982 graduate of Harvard who runs a full-time dermatology practice in Greenwich. And judging by his slight physical build, I'm guessing that he did not play football as a young man.

What a fascinating story. Here's a guy busy running a one-man medical practice who somehow decides, "I want to be a football coach." I assume that, every day from mid-August through mid-December, he's got to leave his office in the early afternoon to make the drive to Darien for practice. Then he builds an explosive offense which has played for a state championship the last four years, losing twice to rival New Canaan and then winning twice after being elevated to a larger class.

His story is slightly reminiscent of Joe Moglia but the difference is that Moglia retired from TD Ameritrade before becoming a football coach again. The Darien coach has maintained his medical practice throughout and I presume will continue to do so, even though he now has the administrative demands of being a head coach.

Good luck to this impressive multi-tasker.

I wish I could manage my time so effectively.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: probably

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:51 01/19/17 Thu

he wants to make his new school great again
Tell you what if every coach followed the Joe Moglia model I think college football would be a in better place bc there was a story in yesterdays local paper about Saban helicoptering in to visit a 4 star recruit at a local HS

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: probably

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:52 01/20/17 Fri

Always nice to see a guy who has skin in the game.

[> [> [> [> Subject: #1 All-Time?

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:25 01/20/17 Fri

Quite possibly the greatest pun in the history of the Ivy League sports message board.

*golf clap* *golf clap* *golf clap*

[> [> [> Subject: ah Cal

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:41 01/20/17 Fri

as always you crack me up

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.