VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: More than a single dot

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:45:24 01/27/17 Fri
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: Certainly possible, but..." on 13:25:32 01/27/17 Fri

Banghart hasn't said a thing publicly about Wielgus.

But she's happy to praise her high school mentors for guiding the way for her:

http://www.amherst-today.com/21251/151533/a/where-are-they-now-courtney-banghart

And praising her assistant coaches:

https://twitter.com/coachbanghart/status/728726079079387136

And she's totally cool with others singing praises about her.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2267

Player Views

"Playing for Coach Banghart has been one of the highlights of my Princeton career. She took a team that had never been to an NCAA tournament and has accomplished in the past nine years what many only dream of. She is one of the most positive influences I’ve been around, and the growth I’ve shown here over the past four years is a direct result of her ability to bring out the best in each of her players. She’s incredibly invested in each player, understands what each of us is finest at, and pushes us in ways you didn’t know existed in order to bring that out. The enthusiasm and competitiveness she brings every single day drives us all; she’s a competitor with a “just win” mentality, yet she’s full of life, energy, and a keen understanding of the game. She challenges us daily and demands excellence, yet at the same time she’s a teacher and an optimist, always seeing the bright side to situations. Her love for her players and her desire to see us succeed expands off the court, as she is and always will be one of our biggest supporters in anything we want to do. She will continue to be one of the most valuable mentors in my life, and I will be forever grateful to be able to call her my coach and forever thankful that she surrounded me with such incredible teammates and coaches that have shaped me into the person I am today." - Amanda Berntsen '16

"Coach Banghart is an inspiration. Her enthusiasm, fearlessness, and passion for the game is obvious to everyone around her. If a team plays to the personality of its leaders, this team is tenacious, competitive, supportive, smart, and always hungry for the best. Her teams do "impossible" things (a 30-0 season, the first at-large bid for an Ivy) because she has established a culture of excellence here. Four years under Coach Banghart's tutelage have made me a stronger, smarter, tougher, more skilled player; a better listener, communicator, and leader; and a wiser mentor, friend, and teammate to those around me. She is truly outstanding. And best of all, I'm confident that my relationship with Coach will continue long after I graduate: I will always be a part of this Tiger family she has created." - Alex Wheatley '16

"I have been so blessed to have Coach Banghart as my mentor and friend these past four years. Everything she does has our best interest in mind, always. She not only has dedicated herself to make me and my teammates the best versions of ourselves on the court, but takes the time to ensure we are our best off the court. She has created a culture of excellence, hard work and support that puts all of her players in a position to succeed. She pours her heart into what she does and brings her everything she has to each practice, meeting, game, you name it. The time, energy and enthusiasm she puts forward daily drives us to also give our all and push one another to greater heights. She is what makes this team strong and I will be forever grateful to her and this program for making my four years at Princeton so victorious and so special." - Annie Tarakchian '16

See also

https://mercerspace.com/2014/07/02/an-inspiration-for-young-women/

Maybe its all good. But you really don't think that her silence on Wielgus is speaking volumes?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Silence on Wielgus Speaking Volumes?

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:55 01/27/17 Fri

This may surprise you, but some posters here do not have an opinion on how much Courtney Banghart has or has not said about Chris Wielgus. That's you, bro.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: And yet here you are....

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:49 01/27/17 Fri

Obviously, the topic drew your attention.

As I said earlier, I'd expect people like JTII and Tommy Amaker to say something in tribute to their old coaches who also gave them their first coaching jobs when the mentors are being honored. Especially if those people have track records of dishing out hosannas to others.

When it doesn't happen, I can't help but wonder if there are reasons why. If there are hard feelings that exist between Wielgus and Banghart, I would consider that most unfortunate.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.