VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Columbia Win over Harvard in Men's Basketball

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:15:04 01/29/17 Sun

Columbia beat Harvard in men's basketball last night and dealt H its first Ivy loss. A team effort by Columbia with lots of contributors coming off a deep bench, and getting up as high as a 19-point lead during the game. Well done, Lions!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Columbia Win over Harvard in Men's Basketball

Author:
Penn Nation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:27 01/29/17 Sun

Cornell nearly beat Harvard as well. The Crimson are beatable.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:57 01/29/17 Sun

Yes, Harvard is beatable despite their, ahem, "enhanced" basketball admissions and recruiting tactics. Sports team booster groups, athlete cheating scandals, the fraudulent admission of the our nation's "first family son-in-law" in exchange for a $2.5 million donation from a NJ convict. What's left on that agenda? Penn State-style pederasty in the showers?

Author:
Old Lion (courtside)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:45 01/30/17 Mon

I was at the game on Saturday night. Very intense and hard fought, especially in the paint. Both teams went 11 deep in their rotations. Best guy on the court for Harvard was the sophomore shooting guard, Corey Johnson, who couldn't miss from three in the second half. I thought that Columbia actually won the game in the trenches. Both H and C have very, very good freshman PGs. PS, atmosphere was great all around.

[> [> Subject: Re: Columbia Win over Harvard in Men's Basketball

Author:
Old Lion (zone)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:33 01/30/17 Mon

We have been a much better team defensively since we went to the zone a few games ago. I think the zone kept Harvard from getting easy baskets inside, especially in the first half. In the second half we had no answer for Johnson; I think he hit something like 5 three pointers in a row.

Author:
John Harvard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:23 01/30/17 Mon

Yes, it was a very good game Saturday evening at Levien.

I saw things a bit differently though. Harvard was not ready for Columbia's zone. In the first half, Harvard only made 7 shots (25%), too often settling for long range bombs (3-16 on 3's in the half). Columbia, meanwhile, scored against Harvard's overplay defense primarily on nifty back door cuts. Not really much in the 'trenches.'

In the second half, Harvard settled down and dominated the so called trenches. After Columbia scored the first two buckets of the second half, Harvard outscored Columbia 36-20. Harvard outrebounded Columbia and blocked 10 shots to Columbia's 2.

Not trying to take anything away from Columbia's big win. Just saw the game differently - and in person as well.

Author:
Old Lion (no sure wins)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:50:35 01/30/17 Mon

The overall competitive level in the IL this season strikes me as very high. I think that there are no sure things this year and that on the right night just about anybody can knock off anybody else.

Author:
IvyBallFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:33 01/30/17 Mon

The way they are currently playing, Dartmouth looks to be a notch below the rest of the league. If they catch Cornell on an off-night in the Lavietes rematch, they've got a shot to win that one, but, barring improvement, that's probably it.

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:58 01/30/17 Mon

It will definitely be an off-night if Dartmouth catches Cornell at Lavietes.

But we know what you meant.

[> [> [> Subject: But

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:54 01/30/17 Mon

Evan Boudreaux has to be in contention for 1st team All Ivy he is basically doing a double double almost every game. He is a man without a team or at least a strong supporting cast, I don't want to diminish his fellow teammates but they just aren't on par with the rest of the leagues high level players.

His mom was probably better than half his teammates (harsh I know), actually she is probably the best Ivy woman's BBall player
of all time. I challenge anyone to refute that

Author:
Old Lions (Wright?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:45 01/31/17 Tue

Wasn't Wright Ivy ROY two years ago? I seem to recall that he beat out some good players that year, including Mason and Castlin. He didn't seem to get into the flow of the game when I saw him on Friday at Levien, but he is a talented player.

[> [> [> Subject: Yeah but

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:34 01/31/17 Tue

must be a streaky shooter because he is only shooting 374% from the field

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yeah but

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:14 01/31/17 Tue

Better go to the box and one.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.