VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Speaking of financial resource disparities

Author:
sparman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:04:15 01/29/17 Sun

As mentioned occasionally, I am in a mixed marriage (wife a Dartmouth (Tuck) alum). Yesterday we received in the mail two identical travel cruise brochures, one addressed to her through DC and one to me through PU.

Identical, that is, except as to price. Hers was priced lower, for each level of the same accommodations.

My take from this is that Dartmouth, having sufficient resources to subsidize its alums, is also probably providing improper financial aid to athletes.

Others similarly situated, be warned.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Speaking of financial resource disparities

Author:
Yale Faithful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:40 01/29/17 Sun

This does not mean Dartmouth has more financial resources. Some schools will change the price of same deals to take a cut for themselves. This can be perceived in many ways, but when schools have successful alums they always try to capitalize financially.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Speaking of financial resource disparities

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:58 01/30/17 Mon

I was writing tongue in cheek.

One would think the vendor would realize such different pricing would come to light.

The question appears to be whether one is willing to be seen wearing a Dartmouth hat for sake of getting the better rate.

[> [> Subject: Re: Speaking of financial resource disparities

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:20 01/30/17 Mon

I was writing tongue in cheek. Unfortunately the internet does not allow that to come through.

One would think the vendor would realize such different pricing would come to light.

The real question is whether one is willing to be seen wearing a Dartmouth hat for sake of getting the better rate.

[> Subject: Re: Speaking of financial resource disparities

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:04 01/29/17 Sun

This is very interesting. I'm sure that the same vendor has struck deals with dozens of colleges. I get them from both my undergraduate and graduate alma maters. I'd love to see somebody take the small amount of time that it would take to compile a master list of what each school charges. Very amusing.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.