VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Paul Finebaum on Boosters' Effect on College Sports

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:31:00 02/03/17 Fri

Paul Finebaum on ESPN today: "Boosters want to win. I've seen this my entire life. I used to be an investigative reporter. People may feign having a moral compass but, ultimately, they don't care. They want to win."

When people, especially rabid sports fans, donate tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to an athletic program, they're not interested in developing character or creating a great experience for scholar-athletes. They want wins.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Paul Finebaum on Boosters' Effect on College Sports

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:06 02/03/17 Fri

I am guessing this Finebaum comment was partly in response to the Baylor situation, and the formerly supposedly aggrieved, now quietly skulking away, Baylor football coach, following revelations about how energetically he and his staff tried to cover up things.

Not that the recent revelations will mean much to HIS boosters.

IMO only way this can be fixed is by removing control over money flow from the institutions that benefit from the current system. Which will not happen in my lifetime.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.