VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Power Outage Stops Yale-Cornell BB

Author:
Jon Harris
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:48:55 02/05/17 Sun
In reply to: Memphis Bill 's message, "Power Outage Stops Yale-Cornell BB" on 08:38:09 02/05/17 Sun

Well said Memphis Bill and RIW.!!! Well said indeed.? Time for change in so many areas.? Those of which these men have stated. Also the possibility of Football joining the rest of The World as well. Adding another game,allowing oh Playofffs perchance. The league is outdated and stuffy . It has to change or it will be its death. You have time , if you start now. But keep doing what your doing and it will be just a memory.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Power Outage Stops Yale-Cornell BB

Author:
Bulldogs1234
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:28 02/05/17 Sun

Pretty certain a single charter flight runs from 20,000 to 50,000 dollars. We can pay more for coaches, improve facilities, or a million other things before paying for jets.

I'm an Ivy League sports fan, but no way should schools foot that kind of bill when the programs are pretty much operating on a loss.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Power Outage Stops Yale-Cornell BB

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:15 02/05/17 Sun

Bulldogs1234 is correct.

Let's put it this way. If you pay for the men's basketball team to fly to Ithaca, then what do you do about the women's basketball team? How do you not fly them as well?

If you're flying the two basketball teams, then how do you justify not flying all the other varsity teams as well?

If you start flying athletes to League games, then you're pretty much begging the Ivy League to cut back on the total number of varsity teams. And if you fly any teams to Ithaca and/or Hanover, you're putting a lot of pressure on Cornell and/or Dartmouth to fly everywhere in the conference as a competitive response. Again, budgetary realities will probably lead to a reduction in the number of varsity teams.

[> [> Subject: Re: Power Outage Stops Yale-Cornell BB

Author:
florida lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:19 02/05/17 Sun

And weather affects flights, too. I used to travel throughout NE, my rule of thumb was--if I could drive in less than 4 hours, I drove. Between getting to and from the airports, flight delays and so on, driving was faster. Of course, I flew commercial.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.