VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Short memories

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:15:56 02/07/17 Tue
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Bad Decisions on The Final Sequence" on 11:11:53 02/07/17 Tue

Not to defend the Falcons too much here, but if you're talking about the worst decision in a Super Bowl...

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/03/seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-interception

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Short memories

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:13 02/07/17 Tue

As soon as Sunday's game ended, I texted some Pats fans I know who were celebrating their improbable good fortune with their own text thread.

I compared the Falcons' bad decisions with Pete Carroll's. They're both terrible mistakes, but Shanahan and Quinn made several bad decisions in a row whereas Carroll only made one. That's not to excuse Carroll, but I rate the Falcons' stupidity as more egregious than the Seahawks.

And it's not inconsequential that the Seahawks were the defending Super Bowl champions. I give them credit for getting so close to becoming back-to-back winners. My prediction is that the Falcons will fade back into the pack, haunted by their terrible decision-making when the lights were on bright and the trophy was theirs for the taking with a 40-yard field goal attempt. Like Marshawn Lynch, they had the most reliable guy in the league to convert that attempt.

Do you think Bill Belichick would ever make that mistake? Never.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.