VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:44:48 02/08/17 Wed
In reply to: Calvin 's message, "Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik" on 08:51:40 02/08/17 Wed

As a long time Bills and Giants fan, I absolutely hate the Patriots, but Bill Belichik is definitely one of the best NFL coaches of all time up there with Vince Lombardi. For example, this year he picked up an under utilized WR from the Bills, Chris Hogan who barely made the team a few years ago and turned him into an NFL star. Chris Hogan was an average WR at Buffalo at best, but with New England he has shown tremendous improvement, which is a sign of great coaching. Most NFL teams probably would have screwed up Brady's progression as well as he was a part-time starter at Michigan. Once again Bill Belichik turned him into a super star! Kind of like how Vince Lombardi took a back up QB in college to an All Pro by the name of Bart Starr.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:42:16 02/08/17 Wed

There was a time when one could argue that Belichick, even with three Super Bowl rings, was not the best coach in NFL history. That time passed, if not before, then definitely by 10:00 PM last Sunday night.

I also now think that Brady is the best quarterback of all time. Analytically, I don't hold it against either Belichick or Brady that they had each other. It's been a beautiful symbiotic relationship, two great talents coming together to achieve exceptional success.

The one thing that bothers me is that I firmly believe Brady systematically deflated Patriot footballs in the 2014 season, if not for many years previously. That many people believe otherwise rubs me the wrong way because I feel like Brady's gotten away with a fast one in terms of his legacy. But he's the best of all time.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.