VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Yale athletics new website

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:41:44 02/12/17 Sun

Does anyone else find it hard to navigate?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Yale athletics new website

Author:
L et V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:38 02/12/17 Sun

Yes! Glitzy, but difficult to ferret out information.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Yale athletics new website

Author:
remember it well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:27:00 02/12/17 Sun

Not user friendly for me but maybe it's one of those sites that the younger generation maneuvers through quite easily.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale athletics new website

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:22 02/15/17 Wed

I'm convinced most of these website "enhancements" are a function of programmers determined to tinker and show off rather than awareness of user-related desires.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale athletics new website

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:33 02/15/17 Wed

Web design is a monkey-see/monkey-do business. Lots of websites these days feature "carousels" (slides that rotate the "headlines" across the page), so now every designer feels they have to use them.
Same with the overuse of social media links (Twitter feeds, Facebook feeds, etc.).

Beyond that general gripe, I don't find much fault with the new site. There's a menu bar above the carousel which makes it easy to find most pertinent information:
"Home * Schedule * 2017 Schedule * Roster * Coaches * News * Football Assoc./Make a Gift * More "

Full disclosure - I'm accessing it on a desktop, not a phone. No idea what it's like in a mobile browser.

Author:
Bulldog Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:04 02/15/17 Wed

But, how many clicks to get to all of the team's scores of the day?

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:51 02/17/17 Fri

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean "what were the results for all of Yale's athletic teams for a given day?" then that seems very easy to find.

The home page for Yale athletics is:
http://www.yalebulldogs.com
Halfway down the page, there is a large section with three tabs: Upcoming events, Recent results, Calendar.
Click on "Recent results" and there you are. A scrollable list of recent scores for all sports, starting with the most-recent results.
That took one click.
Or, you can click on the word "Calendar" to get to a day-by-day option.

BTW, looking at the calendar, Yale had a bad last weekend in match-ups with Harvard, with both the M and W teams losing to H in basketball and squash, and splitting in fencing (Men won, Women lost).

Author:
Bulldog Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:59:06 02/17/17 Fri

Not on my phone. I did find that the calendar icon gets to the scores.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale athletics new website

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:33 02/19/17 Sun

I noted earlier that I was basing my opinions solely on the desktop/laptop version of the website. But you mentioned phone, so I decided to try out the mobile version, and I agree -- not as intuitive.
Granted, once you know where to look, finding the daily calendar of scores only takes one tap, but what's presented upon initial page-load is not very useful on the mobile version.

Author:
BOWWOWWOW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:33 02/23/17 Thu

http://features.yaledailynews.com/blog/2017/02/23/up-close-understaffed-yale-sports-medicine-struggles-with-student-injuries/

Interesting article on yale football injuries and their stuggles with treatment and missed diagnosis.

Author:
remember it well (BWW)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:44 02/23/17 Thu

Excellent investigative article by YDN. Anyone notice Bo Hines in the "misdiagnosed" chart. Frankly I think the under staffing situation is deplorable and the article is an appropriate follow up to the one that YDN did last year on how the successful recruiting of top hs players hasn't produced the anticipated results.

The buck stops at Beckett's office on this one.

Author:
L et V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:03 02/23/17 Thu

This is a lot more than an Athletics Department problem. First and foremost, we're talking about Yalies, and this situation compromises their health and well being as people in the broadest sense.

Author:
remember it well (LetV)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:42 02/23/17 Thu

Don't disagree with the broader implications which is troubling indeed. However this board has been filled by commentary over the plight of Yale football caused by what has appeared to be a saliently high # of injuries. The YDN article was addressing this issue - and should be commended for it.

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:14 02/23/17 Thu

I brought this up on the AGS Board this morning.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?191385-Yale-Complains-About-understaffed-athletic-trainers

Author:
old blue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:14 02/23/17 Thu

gentlemen; mr beckett's response is less than admirable and demonstrates his complete lack of compassion and failure to recognize the obvious problem or the sense to immediately take care of the problem.if the coffers were bare it may be understandable otherwise completely reprehensible.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.