VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:29:02 02/14/17 Tue
In reply to: Calvin 's message, "Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik" on 08:51:40 02/08/17 Wed

The Hoodie would be a much better role model if he was personable, humble and selfless. Those are qualities of great coaches. Being aloof, arrogant and vindictive paints his legacy as being an anti-social, selfish ass.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:29 02/14/17 Tue

The fine for illegal videotaping doesn't help, either.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:38 02/15/17 Wed

I think you have identified a personality trait that afflicts his QB, too. Not hard to see how one would rub off on the other.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:08 02/15/17 Wed

This was intended a response to An Observer below.

I'm not narcissistic enough to merit a position in the current administration, no matter how many openings they have.

[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy league NFL analyst disses Belichik

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:36 02/14/17 Tue

As I said in an earlier thread, I think it's beyond argument now that Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL. It was an open question for awhile but there's too much weight now resting on that side of the balance.

But as Al's Wingman said, he's got some kind of unscratchable itch. To him, it's not enough to be a fantastic coach and to be recognized as such. He's got to claim some kind of moral high ground in terms of work ethic and focus on football.

It was pathetic the way he led the chant of "No days off! No days off! No days off!" at the celebration parade. Yeah, yeah, we get it. You work really hard and you demand that all of your people work hard. But football coaches in general work ridiculous schedules and it's not even clear that other coaches don't work harder.

And his line complaining about winning the Super Bowl, "Now we're five weeks behind most of the other teams in this league." You're an ass--le, Bill. That's like the guy who buys a Ferrari and likes to complain to his neighbor, "I get terrible gas mileage."

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.