VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Please Give Me Credit When This Idea Revolutionizes Conference Tournaments

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:07:51 02/21/17 Tue
In reply to: observer 's message, "Re: Please Give Me Credit When This Idea Revolutionizes Conference Tournaments" on 09:27:52 02/21/17 Tue

observer (lower case "o", not 0), my revolutionary idea does not change the location or anything else about the logistics or mechanics of the tournament. If the Ivies want to have the tournament at a pre-determined location at a pre-determined time to facilitate television, hotels, tickets et cetera, that can all be accommodated.

The only change I'm proposing is letting the remaining highest seeds choose their opponent for each round. The games go on the same way. You will still have your "winner take all" drama.

In fact, if drama is your goal, my idea is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You think that the NCAA Sunday night selection show is dramatic? How about having Roy Williams getting the chance to humiliate some other ACC coach on national television by saying, "Of all 15 ACC teams, I would most like to play you, Kevin Stallings." Then Rick Pitino goes, and so on.

And when the inevitable upset does eventually occur, think about all the off season speculation and fan debate. "Williams was an idiot to select Pitt in the first round. North Carolina matches up much better against Boston College. . . ." That is irresistible catnip for rabid sports fans.

If you support the NHL getting rid of ties for the sake of excitement, you're gonna love my "Tournament Selection Show," and I do mean "selection," literally.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.