VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: What the.....?

Author:
Bengal
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:02:23 02/21/17 Tue
In reply to: mrjames 's message, "Re: What the.....?" on 21:52:05 02/20/17 Mon

It is not a question of which format -- 14 games or two post-season games -- produces the "best" team. As I remarked years ago when this issue was discussed, you would need a committee of basketball philosopher kings to determine who the best team is in many years.

And if you want to define 'best' as who has a chance to go the furthest in the NCAAs, in some years back in the distant day, Princeton might have been the "best" pick because teams not used to our style then would have a more difficult time against us then against the League winner.

The issue, to me, as I mentioned in a different post in this thread, is what is fair under current circumstances. To me, under current circumstances, that is the League winner after the 14 game season.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.