VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
GoBigRed
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:38:56 03/01/17 Wed
In reply to: Sprint66 's message, "Re: Far above a parking garage!" on 20:06:32 03/01/17 Wed

Seems to me that there might be bigger fish to fry. Overall funding of football comes to mind. A few key examples:

-Only able/willing to purchase new white uniforms last season. Had to wait until this season to purchase the new red ones
-Up until this coming season, thanks to the Football Association, the players/families were charged for their Nike football gear package (socks, under pad gear, training gear, etc.), albeit at a reduced rate, but how many divsion 1 programs charge the players/families for their training gear?
-No indoor facility (in Ithaca, NY)
-Going cheap on post game meals (pizza, fried chicken). Is this how you feed a division 1 football team?
-Skinmping on coaches. Is there a division 1 program in the country with fewer coaches and less experience?
-How about sports performance? Sports performance management? Sports science? Real training and medical staff. Has anyone visited a real PROGRAM? The support system and resources isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. It's a good thing the education is one of the BEST. The alumni network is awesome! The commitment to football is tremendously lacking.

I can live with the stands. Do we want quality recruits? Let's strive for real, quantifiable improvement to the resources that are allocated and can make a real difference first. When they can fill the crescent, then they can put up some more stands.

Sorry...Just my two cents.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
Floridared
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:10 03/01/17 Wed

Good points. I wasn't aware of the other deficiencies, but I can tell you for certain that the indoor practice facility will be built before the West Stands/with offices/training space underneath them. As I mentioned in another of Sprint's postings before, they already have a large construction pledge toward the funding for that facility, but everything is on hold until the new President gets settled in.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
GoBigRed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:10 03/01/17 Wed

I have heard that. Certainly a step in the right direction.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.