VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:01:49 03/01/17 Wed
In reply to: Sprint66 's message, "Re: Far above a parking garage!" on 20:06:32 03/01/17 Wed

GoBigRed.......I agree with you on all your points regarding lack of funding, however, it all comes down to a little word we learned in accounting class...REVENUE. When we have a poor stadium situation and we do very little to actually fill Schoellkopf for home games then everything else dries up. I believe Cornell is near the bottom of the Ivy League in terms of what we budget for football. Unfortunately, when our attendance, media coverage, and other sources of revenue continue to decline, so will all other aspects of the program.

I have said this many times on this website over the years that I can see some Ivies like Cornell, Brown, and Columbia actually dropping football within the next decade or two. Problems like not fixing our stadium will only continue the decline in attendance and alumni support, until it's too late and the football program is gone forever.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
GoBigRed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:36 03/01/17 Wed

Love your support Sprint...Love your enthusiasm for the stands as well. Revenue will come with WINNING. Having visitor stands does not increase a WINNING a percentage.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Far above a parking garage!

Author:
Texas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:27:24 03/01/17 Wed

Sprint66 - It is not the stands. Winning starts and ends with the staff. Who they have for coaches, what they focus on during the season and off-season and how they prepare for an opponent and adjust in a game.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Usual resposne is...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:10 03/02/17 Thu

If a school unilaterally drops football, they will risk being kicked out of the Ivy League.

Cornell, Brown, and Columbia need the Ivy more than the Ivy needs them.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.