VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Cornell staff changes?

Author:
LGR
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:45:43 03/02/17 Thu
In reply to: Cornell '97 's message, "Cornell staff changes?" on 14:26:54 02/21/17 Tue

David Archer's tenure and many of the issues discussed can be summed up by the inability to put together a strong staff. Emails suggest the players have gotten bigger in the weight room, but have struggled with on field development. There is no priority more important. We have had three coordinators (2 on Offense, 1 on defense) that were never consistently successful anywhere. I'm still shocked that we hired the OC from one of the worst offenses in the country at Rhode Island. You can win with old uniforms and limited sponsorship gear (Brown), you can win with one side of the stadium missing (Fordham), but if you don't develop talent you can't win.

I have been saying this on the blog for years.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Cornell staff changes?

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:23 03/02/17 Thu

LGR......I agree with you, but we are not winning the recruiting battle to field a championship team as we only won two Ivy games last season. Archer is making progress, but when kids visit Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth, etc. and they see beautiful stadiums, then they visit Cornell which is by far the most rural campus and our stadium is simply not up to par. We lost a local recruit a few years ago to Princeton where he was a three year starter. I spoke to his parents who said Princeton's facilities were just far superior to Cornell. We lost to Princeton at home this past season 56-7! So I don't want to hear an ugly parking garage visitor section does not impact recruiting. It clearly is impacting recruiting, because they have been either condemned or torn down since Kent Austin was head coach.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell staff changes?

Author:
Cornell parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:46 03/02/17 Thu

Princeton's stadium is the "newest" in the Ivy League. I wouldn't fret over a few recruits comparing stadiums. They also look at weight rooms, training facilities and practice facilities. At least our son did. The point is, the west stands rebuild is not going to change in the near future unless you know someone willing to write a big check for that project, so why keep bringing it up.

[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell staff changes?

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:00:47 03/02/17 Thu

Cornell parent.....it's a collection of things that are impacting Big Red football from the stadium, admissions, coaching turnover, equipment, admissions, etc. It's a long list. I bring up the West Stands because the cost is less than the difference in what most of the other Ivies spend on football over Cornell. The reality is we alumni are sick and tired of losing in football year after year after year. We hope your son and his classmates will turn the tide. Go Big Red!!!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell staff changes?

Author:
BigRed23
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:50 03/09/17 Thu

Joe Villapiano new OC for Cornell.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.