VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale football injuries

Author:
Ricks
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:32:55 03/09/17 Thu
In reply to: remember it well 's message, "Yale football injuries" on 10:27:06 02/24/17 Fri

Uh oh--is Yale going to get sued by a bunch of these poorly treated kids?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Yale football injuries

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:01 03/10/17 Fri

For a student athlete, sports medicine is an easy problem to get caught up in. You really don't know the quality of care you will receive until something happens. The article makes it seem like negligence occurred.

In Varga's case I sympathize with the issue but as I recall, he did not go to Yale for the chance of an NFL career. He had plenty of other offers, including scholarship schools with top sports medicine facilities. What he experienced was unfair but if he really wanted to roll the dice he could have gone for an independent second opinion. If surgery was needed he could have made some kind of financial agreement since he probably did not have medical insurance beyond the university.

If I am gearing up for an NFL combine and a shot at millions, I am doing everything I can to get my body ready. That is unless Varga just planned to go on to med school like he originally stated when he committed to Yale.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.