VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Sports Illustrated's Top 25 Schools for Sports Lovers

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:14:26 03/10/17 Fri

There are three Ivy League Schools on this list: Dartmouth, Princeton and Yale. Yale ranks highest of these three at #9.

http://www.si.com/campus-rush/2017/best-schools-for-sports-lovers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Ouch

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:13 03/10/17 Fri

"While Dartmouth's football and basketball teams usually finish towards the bottom of the Ivy League..."

One bad year in football wipes out the rest of the current decade.

:(

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Ouch

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:39 03/10/17 Fri

I thought that comment regarding Dartmouth football was unfair considering Dartmouth is tied with Penn for the most league championships in football with 18.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ouch

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:00 03/10/17 Fri

Despite GG's attempted fact-twisting, I agree that the SI writer's characterization of Dartmouth football was silly and ignorant of its overall history. But I guess it's hard to get people to be aware of things that happened before they were in college.

[> [> Subject: "One bad year"

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:26 03/10/17 Fri

A decade is a period of 10 years (you know, from the Latin "decad"). Thus the last 10 years includes seasons 2007-20016, as follows (in addition to last year):

2007: 3-4, finished 2 places above last
2008: 0-7, DFL
2009:: 2-5, finished 7th
2010: 3-4, finished 5th

So if that's your idea of one bad year, then the AI proposition has been proven.

[> [> [> Subject: I stand by my post

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:51:35 03/10/17 Fri

And I trust the good judgment of people on the board to understand that "current decade" refers the 2010s, rather than the literal past 10 years.

You really should find some other interest other than criticizing my posts. I'm sure that if your ideas on why something I said was wrong had merit, other people would point them out.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Calvin's "ideas" have a lot of merit

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:26:40 03/10/17 Fri

Within the last decade, in 2008 (0-10) and 2016 (DFL Ivy), Dartmouth football had the "distinction" of going fully defeated for the first time since they went 0-1 in the late 1800's as well as being perhaps the first team in Ivy history to go from a 3 way tie for the championship (2015) to DFL in one year (2016).

The magnificence of the first fully defeated season, as well as going from first to last in one year, cannot fully be appreciated without knowing that the same coach (Teevens) responsible for both disgraceful performances is still coaching amidst atrocious home attendance and the continuing plaudits of Go Green.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: If that were true

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:59 03/10/17 Fri

Then why is it so easy to point out his errors? For heaven's sake, instead of just admitting he's wrong that the AI lowered (rather than increased) admission standards, the guy is doubling down it.

As for Dartmouth's home attendance, Teevens is probably the first Dartmouth coach in history to outdrawn Penn in a season. So there's that.

[> Subject: Re: Sports Illustrated's Top 25 Schools for Sports Lovers

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:50 03/10/17 Fri

UNC in the last ten years??????

Where's Trump University? What an idiotic embarrassment....

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.