VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Ivy BB

Author:
remember it well (Diogenes)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:21:34 03/13/17 Mon
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Re: Princeton v. Notre Dame--I report, you decide." on 16:17:18 03/13/17 Mon

I have never liked the AI (Ivy handicapping system) but like Dio I do not feel it has the same kind of restraining effect on bb as it does on Ivy fb. Wouldn't it be wonderful for Ivy students to be able to experience the same kind of enjoyment from their bb teams as students do at Georgetown and the schools listed by Dio.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Believe it

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:30 03/13/17 Mon

Stanford was operating at Ivy-AI levels during the Teevens and later Mike Montgomery years.

We remember how the teams did in that era.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/HIGHER-STANDARDS-Stanford-teams-finding-it-s-2589894.php

They fired the admissions director, relaxed admissions standards, and PRESTO! The teams got better.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: What happened to Stanford afterwards

Author:
remember it well (GG)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:54 03/13/17 Mon

Ranked #5 by US News and #1 by Forbes.
Just imagine what their rankings would be if they didn't "relax" their admission standards.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.