VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The Two-By-Two Matrix I TOLD YOU SO

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:41:35 03/22/17 Wed
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: The Two-By-Two Matrix I TOLD YOU SO" on 11:06:32 03/22/17 Wed

If you're saying the strategy was great but the execution was off (true), I agree. If you're saying anything more, I don't get it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The Two-By-Two Matrix I TOLD YOU SO

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:05 03/22/17 Wed

Joisey, you read me correctly. Your paraphrase is on target: The Princeton strategy was great, but the execution was off.

Specifically, the execution was only off insofar as, having worked hard and effectively to create good shots from behind the arc, the Tigers simply missed way too many wide open looks.

That was my point, with the Princeton/Notre Dame/Golden State approach to reliance on three-point shots so much in vogue, sometimes two teams can be roughly equally effective in creating open shots. Then the game devolves into a three-point shooting contest, as guys either have the hot hand or, in Princeton's case, the cold one.

We tend to glorify Cornell's Sweet Sixteen run 2010 and of course it was a high water mark in recent League history. But the Big Red shot lights out from behind the arc. Those guys probably couldn't recreate that level of accuracy on a recurring basis since they shot well above their season average. Like I said, it was a three-point shooting contest and Cornell was in the preferred quadrant of the two-by-two matrix.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.