VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Questions for B-Y Road Trip

Author:
David Perry (Old and New)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:10:17 04/04/17 Tue

Heading up I-95 this weekend to take in Penn baseball's road trip to Brown and Yale. Beyond the games themselves, should be interesting to see both the league's newest (or at least most recently rejuvenated) field at Brown and its oldest at Yale. Couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Will there be any problems with bringing food into either game? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for good takeout sandwiches on/near either campus?
2. Where exactly does one park for Yale Field? I see the lot behind left field, but it's somewhat small, and I just want to make sure that it isn't reserved for players, coaches, rich alums, etc.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Questions for B-Y Road Trip

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:07 04/04/17 Tue

No problems taking in food. You can park right next to the stadium for free. Crowd is small enough.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Questions for B-Y Road Trip

Author:
David Perry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:39:10 04/07/17 Fri

Son of Eli, thanks for the reassurances. Parking lot sounds much like the one at Meikeljohn,come to think of it. :-)

Author:
Sr Punter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:14 04/04/17 Tue

There are any number of restaurants on Thayer St., a short walk from the Sports Complex.

Author:
Yale Ol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:19 04/04/17 Tue

Michael Angelos on route 34 from Yale field has very good casual Italian food, sandwiches, and pizza slices,
Enjoy!

Author:
David Perry (Serendipity)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:25 04/07/17 Fri

Yale OL, not only is this very convenient, but while looking the place up, I noticed a well-reviewed Japanese place right across the street that I can get dinner at on the way home. Thanks!

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:34 04/05/17 Wed

New Haven. Not take-out, but a shame to miss: Sally's Apizza on Wooster, Modern Apizza on State, and Pepe's (last choice) on Wooster. Best pizza in the U.S.

Providence. Nothing good on Thayer Street; just chains and other crud. But excellent bakery cafes are Seven Stars on Hope and L'Artisan in Wayland Square. Post-game beers at the Hot Club on the river next to the hurricane barrier. Haven Brothers next to city hall: unique to Providence; get legit only-in-R.I., heart-attack-in-one-sitting grub. Olneyville NY System: same.

Author:
David Perry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:47:40 04/07/17 Fri

Boston Lion, Seven Stars is a bit out of the way, since I want to park the car at the athletic complex and leave it there until the games are done, but L'Artisan is not too far away from the field, and I have never really been in that part of the neighborhood, so thanks for that suggestion. I'm having Modern Apizza Saturday night. :-)

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:53 04/05/17 Wed

P.S. The Hot Club is Smoke's but with a killer river deck and view of the river instead of 40th Street.

Author:
swlion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:32 04/05/17 Wed

Having apizza in New Haven is always a good move. I prefer Bar (254 Crown St.). If pizza's not your thing, then try Rubamba at 25 High St. A take-out order of arepas would be great at a game.

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:53 04/06/17 Thu

Yeah, you're right. Bar is also good. But, as you know, picking a best New Haven apizza joint is tribal. Bigger than Ford vs. Chevy. More like Sharks vs. Jets.

Author:
ivy guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:04 04/06/17 Thu

new Bar B Q place opened on Thayer with take out.
Easy walk to the stadium

Author:
Sr Punter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:16:17 04/06/17 Thu

That's Durk's BBQ. Very good.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:06 04/06/17 Thu

I second the recommendation for Bar Pizza in New Haven. The mashed potato bacon pizza is legendary plus Louis' Lunch is across the street if someone in your party is craving a burger.

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:02 04/06/17 Thu

Pizza is personal, of course. I've had Bar's mashed potato bacon pizza, and it's good if you like mashed on your za. I like Sally's white clam or anchovie pies, and every kind of pie at Modern. Also, there's a style choice here. Bar is a contemporary place, whereas the holy trinity of NH apizza places are more old school.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.