VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivies Are Doing Fine In Lacrosse

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:36:39 04/10/17 Mon
In reply to: Al's Wingman 's message, "Re: Ivies Are Doing Fine In Lacrosse" on 21:36:30 04/09/17 Sun

The reason why we're seeing such high scoring games today is midfielders and defensemen are no longer allowed to hit like they did 20 years ago. It drives me crazy when a player makes a clean hit and they draw a two minute penalty. Lacrosse is supposed to be a contact sport like hockey and taking the physicality out of the game hurts it's growth. Lacrosse is a contact sport with helmets and pads, get rid of the soccer players and bring back the game the way it is supposed to be played.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies Are Doing Fine In Lacrosse

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:49 04/10/17 Mon

I'm seeing plenty of hitting. It is the head shots (elbow or stick) that draws the contact fouls. I really do wonder if the stick tech of today gives players a shooting velocity advantage.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivies Are Doing Fine In Lacrosse

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:54 04/10/17 Mon

Yes, stick technology gives a big advantage in both velocity and ability to maintain possession, despite even hard checks.

But a big disadvantage in shooting accuracy.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.