VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Men's All Ivy BBall

Author:
DartBBALLFan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:58:51 04/19/17 Wed
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "Men's All Ivy BBall" on 16:15:09 03/11/17 Sat

Interesting thread. Just seeing this now. Mr. James and his stats cross a few boards. Funny how he always mentions EB's defense. Does Mr. James know anything about what is expected of EB on the court? Does he know what the coach has told him to do in each and every game? Turns out that I'm close to a coach and I DO know what he's told every game: DON'T FOUL OUT. So what does that mean to Mr. James? He's not a good defender. Because he can't take chances like blocking shots or slapping at balls while guys are dribbling. There is no one behind him that comes close to him talent wise. He plays good/great defense all game, taking charges, stopping big men from scoring, etc. Mr James, are you aware of any Ivy Big Man that scored more points and rebounded more than EB did head to head this year? My recollection: NONE. Did any Ivy team, with double and triple teams on him every game because he was their only good player, ever stop him? No they didn't. So these coaches vote a player that they cannot stop (Steve Donahue even admitted it in an interview) second team, while a guard for Harvard THAT DIDN'T EVEN START and had far less "counting stats" than EB (Aiken shot 37.7% vs EB 50.3% in IVY PLAY, and EB was 39.2% from 3pt range while Aiken was 32.6% in IVY PLAY. EB's rebounding far outweighed anything else Aiken did on the court averaging 10 reb/g in IVY PLAY, and EB killed him in PPG) did makes first team? Oh, must be cause his team won more games :-/. Oh, and EB just got named the best pick and pop player in the country based on a tweet I saw from DMBB twitter.

Scott Waterman Retweeted
Synergy Sports Tech‏ @SynergySST Apr 12

Here is a final look at the most productive pick & pop threats in the college game this season.

Obviously some people in the know and coaches voting conveniently missed that advanced stat. EB did get screwed, and over his career, his counting stats will blow those other guys away. And Mr. James, your bias towards EB is obvious. I would hope in the future instead of pointing out what you see are his failings for 2 years running, try posting positive stats (his defensive rebounding % is one of the top in the country...crickets from you on that one). His 15 Double Doubles are in the top 35 in NCAA D1. Don't see you bragging about that. Haven't seen much from you other than "he's a second teamer and he doesn't play defense and he's not a POY candidate". Great. Now if we can just get a few good players, maybe mr james will find something positive to say.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: POY

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:54 04/20/17 Thu

should have been Speith according to a well informed ivy watcher and a man of keen intellect and knowledge and trust me I qualify in neither of those 2 categories

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: A Debate Between Debating Champions

Author:
Upper Valley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:03 04/20/17 Thu

DartBBALLFan is using an old but sometimes effective debating strategy: The "I've got personal inside information that you cannot possibly be in a position to refute" argument.

That DartBBALLFan is using this old tactic against Mike James is deliciously ironic. Mike is the originator of the "I've got personal inside information on every Ivy player's AI score" argument. Mike pulls out that argument every time that anybody challenges or even simply asks questions about the academic qualifications of the Harvard basketball team.

Good luck, DartBBALLFan and Mike James, arguing with your personal inside information that none of the rest of us can possibly refute.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.