VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Men's All Ivy BBall

Author:
Sr Punter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:30:12 04/20/17 Thu
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "Men's All Ivy BBall" on 16:15:09 03/11/17 Sat

It seems to me that this discussion has gone off the rails. Despite the apparent opinions of the Keggies, neither popular opinion, nor fan votes, nor the media, nor the statheads, nor even the esteemed Mile James, select the All-Ivy Team. I believe it is the league's Coaches, who are not allowed to vote for their own players. I they have a charge as to how they should vote, I am not aware of it. Therefore, complain to Amaker, Donahue, Martin, Henderson, Jones and the others for disrespecting EB. I,for one, think the guys and their staffs, who spend hours and hours watching films and game planning, my know even more than MJ about who is deserving of POY and All-Ivy consideration. Spring is almost reaching Hanover. Get over it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Except...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:51 04/20/17 Thu

Dartmouth guys howled for months after Williams was passed over for first team All Ivy and POY in 2015.

Guess what happened the following year? A Dartmouth guy got POY.

:)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Men's All Ivy BBall

Author:
Dr. V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:48:31 04/21/17 Fri

I'm neither a Dartmouth fan nor a Keggie, whatever that is. That a plurality or majority of some cohort voted a certain way makes it official, not necessarily right, wise or appropriate. Recall last fall's election.

Although there has always been some tension in all sports re what "MVP" means or should mean, the best player? a very good player who although not the best player in the sport or league nonetheless made a crucially important contribution to a championship season?, all star team choices are universally made on the basis of the best players regardless of team. That's why this year's exclusion of EB from the first team doesn't make sense.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.