VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Horse manure

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:50:16 06/15/17 Thu
In reply to: Observer 's message, "Horse manure" on 14:15:15 06/14/17 Wed

I think that you read more into my original post than I said. I did not express any "hope" that Amaker will leave this year. Indeed, I've said many times before that I think he will stay at Harvard for the rest of his career. It is a fantastic risk-adjusted return on his investment of his personal time. He is paid extraordinarily well and gets to work with fine young men on a stimulating campus, with almost zero pressure to win. He could not win another Ivy championship for a decade and not feel pressure. Staying at Harvard makes all the sense in the world as a good spot to be in the life graph of risk and return.

What I did say is that, if Amaker were ever to leave, this coming year would be an opportune time. The next Harvard president cannot be more accommodative than Drew Faust; he or she can only be more restrictive than her laissez faire style. If Harvard selects another old school leader in the manner of Larry Summers, then Bob Scalise will find his wings sharply clipped. Amaker may not want to operate in that environment.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Nay nay

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:51:17 06/15/17 Thu

Larry Summers was very pro sports, He loved getting down on the sideline at football games, sticking his nose in the huddle, and tossing the ball around.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.