VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Darien refuses to play Top 25 Teams

Author:
Parent
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:26:50 06/16/17 Fri
In reply to: sparman 's message, "Re: Returning to topic" on 20:27:06 06/12/17 Mon

There are several Top 25 rankings in the country for lacrosse. Brunswick School is universally ranked 4th in all of these polls. USA Today shows Darien ranked 5th. It is sad for the boys that Darien decides not to play Brunswick School, a team that is about 15 minutes from its campus. Also, to my knowledge, and depending on which Top 25 list you use, Darien does not have a win vs. a Top 25 team. Brunswick, by contrast, has 4 wins vs. Top 25 teams, and 1 loss on opening day to then #1 ranked Landon on the road down in Maryland where the Bruins were beaten fair and square by a fine Landon team. Brunswick has 19 D-1 commits on the team and a D3 faceoff guy going to Wesleyan.

Darien does not play Brunswick because adults get too involved in youth sports. Each kid on the Brunswick and Darien team want to play a legit game. They all play with each other during summer circuit. Many of them will play together in college. Many of them are good friends, and hang out together. But the adults (not saying who) get in the way.

In contrast to Darien, New Canaan plays Brunswick in lacrosse. This year’s game drew 3,000 fans at New Canaan. Great spirit and fun for all in a showdown won by Brunswick. Last year New Canaan came to Brunswick, and soundly beat the Bruins in an equally exciting environment. The point is that the best should play the best. Darien simply has not done that, and I think every kid on Darien regrets that fact, as I think they would give Brunswick a great game, and maybe beat them, and beat other Top 25 teams, but the adults restrict the Darien kids from earning a top ranking.

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/lacrosse/2016/13

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: not sure why

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:02 06/16/17 Fri

they don't play Brunswick, as you said 15 mins away and NC plays them. I know one of the ass't coaches pretty well I will ask him

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.