VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: What You Can Learn At a Cocktail Party

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:47:29 06/16/17 Fri
In reply to: Tod Howard Hawks 's message, "To an observer and holtsledge" on 16:01:28 06/11/17 Sun

I went to a cocktail party Wednesday night and chatted with a father whose eight-year old daughter attends lacrosse camps with mine. I said that, at their age, the girls don't have the hand-eye coordination to really "play" lacrosse, they just chase the ball around the field.

Without batting an eye, the other father said, "I don't care if they can pass or catch, I want her to learn early on that life is all about competition."

I thought back to this thread and said, "Yup, that's why these towns are like these towns, great lacrosse, DBs and all."

I don't know where the other father went to college but, no surprise, I know it wasn't Columbia because he played lax in college.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What You Can Learn At a Cocktail Party

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:02 06/17/17 Sat

we need to have lunch, I promise I won't blow your cover or stalk you :). I appreciate your perspective on this area and would like to talk more. I would invite you to play golf at WFGC but I am on the DL with really sore bicep tendon that hopefully is just a strain and not partial tear. It happened on a shot out of the deep rough hit it well but stopped playing two holes later

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.