VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: UNC is a mecca for athletes

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:27:33 06/24/17 Sat
In reply to: Drew2411 's message, "Re: UNC is a mecca for athletes" on 18:11:44 06/23/17 Fri

I didn't deep dive into that report but I'm not seeing anything glaring or definitive. Any way it is looked at it is a largely bogus claim to include women's soccer in that scandal. That program has absolutely at no time ever needed to rely on anything fraudulent to recruit and retain top talent. Perhaps most telling is the fake classes were set up specifically in the afro-american dept. Not to be insensitive but that diminishes the pool of possible women's soccer students involved. It just doesn't add up. The process is a student athlete gets admitted to the program the same as any student. There's just no scenario that would put a student athlete in a situation that is different from her peers in the soccer program.

I know Anson Dorrance has his detractors but he's far from dumb. He wouldn't risk his career on anything like that. What's in it for any coach to do that unless they needed the talent enrolled at any cost?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.