VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Harry Sheehy should read this

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:54:53 06/25/17 Sun
In reply to: Go Green 's message, "Harry Sheehy should read this" on 08:30:10 06/25/17 Sun

I'd like to give some credit to coaches (and people) who get fired without cause and then bite their tongues indefinitely instead of complaining publicly. In this day and age, it's easier than ever to go on attack with the equivalent of a nuclear bomb.

Yesterday, on Boomer & Carton radio in the New York market, a coach of a 12-year-old girls' softball team in downtown New York went on the air and described in great detail how his team had been cheated by the decision of a league administrator whose daughter happened to play for the opposing team, which was awarded a win without even a pitch being thrown. Over and over again, the aggrieved coach pronounced the administrator's name -- Andrew Zeltner or Zeltzer -- to make sure that the listening public got it in their minds. To really drive the point home, a half dozen 12-year-old girls were in the studio to tell Boomer & Carton how they cried after being denied a chance to play. Then Boomer & Carton piled on and said they would have the station softball team play the girls to replace the game they missed.

I thought to myself, this is amazing. These guys just made Andrew Zeltner Public Enemy Number One in both morning radio and afternoon television throughout the New York media market.

Folks like Amy Patton and Frank Sullivan, whether fired without cause or simply for not winning enough, show a lot of discipline for not taking to the media to tell their side of the story. I guess many of them must have signed nondisclosure agreements to receive some severance payment.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Different levels

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:01 06/25/17 Sun

I think there's a difference between the Frank Sullivans, Joe Yukicas, John Lyons, and Dave Fauchers in the world who did not receive the support necessary to win and were fired because they weren't miracle workers and...

The Joe Scotts, Terry Dunns, Amy Pattons, and Pete Mangurians who were accused of player abuse (and yeah--didn't win as much). I'm sure they all had their sides of the stories as well, but we will never know what they were.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.