VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: An Impressive Segment

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:57:39 07/05/17 Wed
In reply to: al's wingman 's message, "An Impressive Segment" on 18:07:58 07/05/17 Wed

Agree with Al's Wingman that this is an impressive preview of the upcoming Ivy season. Also agree that right now that the League title is likely to go to one of H, P or P. However, spoilers are out there, and early season games such as Dartmouth-Penn, Dartmouth-Yale, and Yale- Penn will sort things out by mid-October--by then, I would think whether Dartmouth or Yale can be a true challenger will be determined. I doubt that Brown has the firepower to keep up with the five teams mentioned above. As a Yale fan, I must observe that Ivy titles are strongly influenced by QB quality, and Rawlings showed me quite a bit in last November's Harvard upset. Another wild card can be academic/injury red shirts, and Yale has two coming back on defense, both former first team All Ivies, DB Spencer Rymiszewski, and DT Copache Tyler.

Lastly, there has been a lot of discussion on this board about the significance of Rivals and 247 ratings. As perceptive contributors have observed here, such ratings must be discounted, as careful scouting and film evaluation by skilled coaches probably trump what the ratings say. Perhaps a good barometer of the talent vs coaching, nature/nurture controversy may be the performance of the '17 Yale defensive unit which, barring injuries (always an issue with recent Yale teams), could be composed of at least ten players who have either received All Ivy accolades, or carry 3 star rankings from one of the above tout sheets.
Q
Should be an interesting season!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.