VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: According to what's been said...

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:33:30 07/08/17 Sat
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000" on 15:19:50 07/05/17 Wed

Shoop claims he was treated poorly and forced out (I realize the legal language here matters but I will leave that to the arbiters) so he resigned under pressure. That set up Penn St for requesting the money be returned since he would need to be fired for Shoop to keep the money.

Shoop has lawyered up so we'll see.

I never figured Coach Franklin for a vindictive type so I wonder where the intolerable conditions came from.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:45 07/08/17 Sat

Penn State is a bunch of dirt bags who should have gotten the death penalty for a least four years after the Sandusky cover-up. This past year they killed another student with fraternity hazing. I have lost all respect for that school and would never recommend them for any of their academic programs. A terrible institution and I wish they would just "go away".

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
al's wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:38 07/10/17 Mon

we'll never know his thinking now that he is deceased but JoePa surely would have known about Sandusky's predilections for underage boys over the many years they worked together, Many others as well must have, including Sandusky''s wife who has to be the dumbest of them all, even sticking by the predator to this day.

It all came down to protecting the football program. Hard to imagine anyone looking the other way with this kind of thing.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Diogenes (al's wingman)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:35 07/10/17 Mon

Without rehashing what happened, what didn't happen, who's responsible or not responsible, the CYA, the pearl clutching etc., the one fact upon which everyone agreed is that Paterno and Sandusky had no relationship outside of work. They did not socialize or spend any time together beyond football.

15(?) years of complete estrangement. Make of it what you will, but to me, the reasons underlying that undisputed fact were and remain the lost keys.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:33:14 07/10/17 Mon

Paterno, the athletic director, and the president covered it up or looked the other way to protect their dumb football program. Penn State was punished (sort of) and then the NCAA retracted or shortened their penalties.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Diogenes (Sprint66)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:42 07/10/17 Mon

My recollection, perhaps incorrect, is that aside from hysteria and press speculation, there wasn't any evidence that Paterno did anything other than report what he heard and made it the A.D. and President's problem. Which is exactly what he should have done. The whole thing stinks, but I can't get over the feeling that Paterno was a victim almost as much as the kids.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:46 07/11/17 Tue

Naive to the point of idiocy, just maybe (and Paterno was NOT an idiot), but JoePa was by far the most powerful person on that campus, and given the nature of that campus, the most powerful within 200 miles. He cannot by definition have been the victim of anything since he held all the power.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Diogenes (joiseyfan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:13 07/11/17 Tue

Your points are well taken. "An enigma, wrapped in a mystery, surrounded by a riddle"--or however Churchill phrased it.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:56 07/11/17 Tue

Or as succinctly put by the Miller Lite philosophers we contemplated so heavily kn school: It's a traveshamockery.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn State Suing Bob Shoop For $900,000

Author:
Diogenes (Calvin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:00 07/11/17 Tue

I don't remember Miller Lite when I was an undergrad---although perhaps that is because I was drinking too much Miller High Life, "The champagne of bottled beers".

[> [> Subject: Sandusky the perv

Author:
al's wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:23 07/11/17 Tue

Sandusky was one of those unmistakable pervs for decades. He was touchy feely with young boys *in public*. Why did it take a chance encounter in a locker room shower for someone to speak up? Again, I blame the wife of the predator. She knew everything and said nothing for years.

JoePa is guilty by his naivety, his lack of oversight, his unwillingness to involve himself beyond football matters. He could have put a stop to it in its tracks. Instead no on said anything for decades.

[> [> [> Subject: a lot of moralizing

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:38 07/11/17 Tue

by a lot of people that don't really have any idea what really took place but are just speculating

As Jesus said "John 8:7 “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Sandusky the perv - Willful Blindness

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:12 07/11/17 Tue

Willful blindness is a term often used in financial services. (i.e. JP Morgan looked the other way regarding the accounts they maintained with Bernie Madoff.) Paterno and many of the administrators at Penn State clearly looked the other way.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.