VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Response to an archived U Chicago 2021 Football Recruiting Class Message

Author:
IvySportsJunkie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:34:07 07/10/17 Mon
In reply to: Parent 's message, "Response to an archived U Chicago 2021 Football Recruiting Class Message" on 15:51:20 07/04/17 Tue

Observer15. I had never heard of Parchment before. After reading your post, I was curious. I found it amusing to learn about them. Clearly, their methodologies have some serious flaws as reflected by how they rank the top US universities (see link below)

http://www.parchment.com/c/college/college-rankings.php

I won't quibble over which of the Ivies or Stanford deserves to be ranked at the top, but this ranking has little relationship to traditional most selective colleges measurements (applicant pool, acceptance rates, ave GPA, ave SAT, etc.). How the US Coast Guard Academy can be ranked higher than all the Ivies except Penn is remarkable. Never realized that HYP are safety schools for the Coast Guard Academy.

Parchment should do the data collection for the Breitbart New Network.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Response to an archived U Chicago 2021 Football Recruiting Class Message

Author:
Observer15
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:54 07/10/17 Mon

They use college transcripts submitted by guidance counselors to do their stats. Since they are Midwest heavy, and the n is often small, you have to know what you are looking at. Here it is certain that their yield ratio of Chicago vis-a-vis the Ivies is skewed. There are, as we know, lies, damn lies, and statistics. You have to know your source and interpret. So back to the core issue: Chicago is a great school. No argument. Would be delighted to have my son or daughter attend. Someone could well pick it over an Ivy for a dozen reasons. But do many, football players or otherwise? Answer: no.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.