VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Such as which?

Author:
mrjames
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:02:03 07/14/17 Fri
In reply to: AsiaSunset 's message, "Re: Such as which?" on 17:51:16 07/12/17 Wed

AI floor is 183 now. Has transitioned through the following levels in the 15 years I've been following the league:

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The effect of "recentering" test scores

Author:
Diogenes (mrjames)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:58 07/29/17 Sat

Would seem to be forcing up the AI, but not as much as forcing up the test scores themselves? Don't know if that is true, but if the increase in AI is lagging the increase in test scores due to "recentering", doesn't that mean it is easier to meet the AI minimums?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: The effect of "recentering" test scores

Author:
mrjames
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:13 07/29/17 Sat

Indeed. I do believe that the arbitrage between the ACT and SAT (the ACT was bumping AI scores up relative to the SAT scores of the same prospect) led to the most recent bump of the floor. That hasn't been reported to my knowledge, however.

It was widely reported that the last big bump (171 to 176) was due to the gaming of the arbitrage between class rank and GPA.

For the football folks on the board - I have zero clue what this means for banding. Would be interesting if some of the football folks could dig in on that.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.