VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Prediciting FCS Conference Champions Including Ivy

Author:
Penn Pop
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:48:37 07/19/17 Wed

Not sure if anyone posted this already but it shows all the FCS conference champion predictions for 2017.

http://herosports.com/fcs-football/predicting-every-2017-conference-champion-in-the-fcs-bzbz

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Prediciting FCS Conference Champions Including Ivy

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:44 07/20/17 Thu

I disagree with Penn winning the title as they lost their QB to graduation and this is a QB driven league. My prediction is Princeton runs away with the title with Harvard close behind.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:08 07/20/17 Thu

Did you watch the video of the transfer QB from Georgia? Impressive. There's a pretty good track record of transfer quarterbacks at Penn with Gavin Hoffman from Northwestern and Doug Rader from Duke. Both wear Ivy League championship rings.

[> [> Subject: I still like

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:10 07/20/17 Thu

Princeton because they have the best QB dual shared system since Mickey Beard and Gene Ryzewicz at Dartmouth in 1965. I am very tired of Penn's tradition of bringing in what we used to call ringers now they are called transfers, it is becoming ridiculous. Dartmouth has a transfer QB this year but Penn brings in one impact every year, sorry Asia but that is just the way it is and you know it just ask Colton

[> [> [> Subject: How many is too many?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:44 07/21/17 Fri

Including incoming Fitzgerald, Dartmouth has had four transfers suit up in the 2010s.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: I still like

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:26 07/21/17 Fri

On the other hand, Penn is loaded everywhere but quarterback. If they are able to find a solid quarterback, they should be considered solid favorites along with Princeton and Harvard. Princeton's defense is still a question mark.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: I still like

Author:
Ivyleaguer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:13 07/27/17 Thu

There's a rumor out there that Lovett is going to be out for the season with an injury...you heard it here first...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Bummer if true

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:07 07/27/17 Thu

A great player.

As fun as it is to beat Princeton, we'd all prefer it be done while they're at full strength.

[> [> Subject: Apples and Oranges

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:23 07/21/17 Fri

My recollection is that Hoffman and Rader either had playing time or were expected to get playing time, but found themselves in bad situations following coaching changes when the new guy preferred a different scheme.

My understanding is that the Georgia guy was a walk-on who probably should have been in FCS ball in the first place. Maybe he does well for the Quakers, but I don't think he's expected to threaten Hoffman or Rader's spots on the Penn career passing list.

Author:
Ivy Patriot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:58 07/21/17 Fri

GG, you may be right but he looked like a talented kid in the Georgia spring game. Surrounded by a talented group with a great wide receiver, don't be surprised if he puts up some big numbers.

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:24 07/21/17 Fri

Princeton has a good group returning on offense but has huge losses on defense, and replaces all three starting WRs. When I noted this after the season, one poster listed a lot of good backups that got a fair amount of playing time. This was a good point, although I did not say then that a couple of them had not quite met expectations since I try to avoid naming names of current players and recruits in certain contexts.

We should have a winning Ivy season, barring unavailability, but I do not expect a title run based on what is known now. After fall camp and two games, we should know more about how much we have reloaded or are rebuilding.

I agree the QB position is most key, and we have two really good veterans there, but the supporting cast in all three phases of the game should not be discounted so much on our teams.

(After our first shared title under Surace, we had enough returning that a title could be "predicted." Then came the injuries.)

[> [> Subject: if that's the case

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:49:06 07/21/17 Fri

maybe Dartmouth will be the dark horse since we have returning QB 3RBs 3TEs most of the LB core except "Progressive" strong DB group pretty decent DL group the biggest question mark other than The Deep State is our OL

Cheers

[> [> [> Subject: Cheers Holtsie!

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:08 07/26/17 Wed

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:22 07/21/17 Fri

Hey I am not jumping on the band wagon yet, but Cornell is returning All-Ivy QB Dalton Banks and RB Chris Walker, plus nearly our entire defense. At this point I think most Cornell fans think we can build on the 4-6 season from last year. My prediction is a 6-4 which would be nice, but the biggest issue is we open with Delaware, Yale, Colgate, and Harvard, which is probably the toughest first four games in the league. If we can go 2-2 then we can probably have a pretty good season, on the other hand we go 0-4 it will be a "cold" November.

[> [> Subject: amazingly tough

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:21 07/21/17 Fri

opening schedule, without being too negative if you win more than one out of the first 4 I will be amazed

Dartmouth hopefully will go 3-1 or we are pretenders since I think the best player any of the ivies will face this yr is Holy Cross's QB Peter Pujols. If we beat them we are legit thank god it is at home. Nothing more dangerous than a really really good QB getting a 5th yr. That kid is the real deal and in IMHO he is better than any of the Ivy QB's including the reigning Offensive POY "You gotta"

[> [> [> Subject: I'm assuming that you think the "1" is Holy Cross?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:24 07/22/17 Sat

If so, that means we've knocked of Penn and Yale to be 3-1.

I'm cool with that. As we learned last season, OOC victories are nice, but ultimately you have to beat the league rivals.

[> [> [> [> Subject: ah but

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:41:22 07/22/17 Sat

Lovett was the Ivy POY what would you rather be 1st team Ivy QB or Offensive Ivy POY. If it was up to me I'll take POY
Offense
Larry Allen, Jr., Harvard (Jr., OL – Danville, Calif.)
*Nick Demes, Penn (Sr., OL – Western Springs, Ill.)
Dave Morrison, Dartmouth (Sr., OL – Latham, N.Y.)
Max Rich, Harvard (Sr., OL – Portland, Ore.)
Mitchell Sweigart, Princeton (Jr., OL – Washington Boro, Pa.)
*Alek Torgersen, Penn (Sr., QB – Huntington Beach, Calif.)
*John Lovett, Princeton (Jr., RB – Wantagh, N.Y.)
*Tre Solomon, Penn (Jr., RB – Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Chris Walker, Cornell (So., RB – Lewisburg, Tenn.)
Alexander Jette, Brown (Sr., WR/RS – North Attleboro, Mass.)
*Justice Shelton-Mosley, Harvard (So., WR – Sacramento, Calif.)
*Justin Watson, Penn (Jr., WR – Bridgeville, Pa.)
Anthony Firkser, Harvard (Sr., TE/HB – Manalapan, N.J.)

The "Squarehead" was the best Ivy QB without a doubt, but Lovett was the most dynamic player in the league without question and Ivy POY, Watson a close second, otherwise Torgerson would have won it, simple math ole buddy, but now he is gone and Lovett and Kanoff are still there should be fun to watch, I am still going with Dartmouth as deep state dark horse candidate

[> [> [> Subject: Re: amazingly tough

Author:
foehi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:15 07/22/17 Sat

Torgersen was the All Ivy QB

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:19 07/26/17 Wed

Chris Walker could rush for 1,000 yards if Cornell actually uses a fullback. Last year against Columbia especially in the second half Walker ran a lot out of the I-formation and rushed for a career high 230 yards. Just watch the film as he is a great runner behind a fullback, but when we run him out of that #$%&@ shot-gun RPO formation, he is not as productive. I know that Cornell has a new offensive coordinator, but to be quite honest I think the team was more productive when Archer was calling the plays as we finished the season 4-6 rather than 1-9. Just my opinion as a Walter Mitty OC.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.