VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Football 79-81

Author:
sparman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:13:30 08/06/17 Sun
In reply to: IvySportsJunkie 's message, "Re: Yale Football 79-81" on 20:38:11 08/05/17 Sat

Having recently spent time there, I was shocked at how grungy downtown San Francisco has become and how many dysfunctional people roam the area. I don't doubt it still appeals to some people interested in Stanford as an accessible facility, but children of friends (i.e. millenials) who have moved there for work seem unimpressed and it's probably more expensive than NYC.

I think Stanford attacts people who like a CA mindset, which doesn't necessarily mean a big city; the West Coast weather, which surpasses East Coast winters; and the great opportunities it offers post graduation, including proximity to Silicon Valley. I don't think Palo Alto location itself factors as heavily into the equation as it might for an East Coast school.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale Football 79-81

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:42 08/06/17 Sun

Disappointed at how partisan some of the comments (mostly from Mr. O) have been. I've been around the Ivy block quite a few times at this point (my first Ivy game was in 1963, Dartmouth's very exciting upset of Princeton in season ending game in Palmer Stadium, postponed until November 30 due to dire events in Dallas on November 22 that year).

In the ensuing 50-plus years, I have seen countless Ivy games, and made friends with scores of Ivy grads from all points of the Ivy compass. One thing that this experience proves to me is that, despite unusual Penn-Harvard dominance of past 15 years, nothing is set in concrete, and somewhere in our League, a new Blackman or Cozza will establish himself and with that kind of recruiting/coaching, and a new dominant power will arise to challenge and then overthrow the twin dynasty headquartered in Philly and Cambridge.

Believers in eternal Harvard dominance on the gridiron are going to get their comeuppance from some sector, I hope the sling that takes down Goliath comes from my alma mater on Long Island Sound!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Who is this "Goliath" you're hoping to "take down"?

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:59 08/06/17 Sun

Is it Penn, which has won the last two titles?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.