VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy football could not compete for a FCS championship

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:53:41 08/12/17 Sat
In reply to: Al's Wingman 's message, "Ivy football could not compete for a FCS championship" on 15:39:04 08/12/17 Sat

Colgate made it to the quarterfinals as recently as 2015. That year they beat James Madison, which became the National Champions the following year. Both Yale and Princeton beat that 2015 Colgate team in the regular season. Neither Yale nor Princeton was the best team in the Ivy that year.

Colgate also made it all the way to the Championship game in 2003. Yale gave them a competitive game in 2003 and beat them in 2004.

I think in the typical year an Ivy champion would win no more than a game or two in the playoffs, but a Cinderella once in a generation outlier could go all the way.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Colgate

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:25:25 08/16/17 Wed

True, Colgate has had formidable teams and it was a strong win over JMU. They tend to be up and down. I still don't believe an Ivy team would stand much of a chance to win a FCS title up against the best teams right now. Though as I have said a few times on this board, I am in favor of Ivy football participation in the FCS playoffs.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.